Note: For a lower-carb version, you can substitute fresh zucchini slices for the lasagna noodles. Reduce the water in the sauce by half.
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 container (16 oz.) Daisy cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 box lasagna noodles, uncooked
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Brown ground beef and drain as necessary. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and seasonings. Simmer gently 10 minutes.
Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and cottage cheese in a separate bowl.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of sauce into a 9×13 glass baking dish. Place 4 or 5 lasagna noodles over sauce, then spoon half of the remaining sauce over noodles.
Spread half of the cheese mixture over sauce. Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese over cheese mixture.
Repeat with more noodles, remaining sauce, remaining cheese mixture, and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving for easier cutting.