White Chicken Chili for Shabbat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (15.8 oz.) great northern beans
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs. chopped chicken breast
In large skillet, cook onion in oil until transparent. Add with all other ingredients to slow cooker. Simmer on low (8-12 hours).
- shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- We double this recipe for our large family.
- We like eating this with large hunks of leftover challah bread. 🙂